Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day

I had all the GREAT intentions of getting up this morning and making cute little heart shaped cinnamon and raspberry pancakes for a surprise V-D breakfast.... well, I never bought the heart shaped cookie form I intended to buy NOR did I buy the raspberries to make a sauce-so my sweetie pie just got cinnamon pancakes for breakfast. He did however enjoy them greatly.

I have never tried to make pancakes without using Bisquick. I thought about it yesterday and even looked for several recipes on the web, but alas, I gave in and pulled out every southerner's savior: Bisquick. Once I actually tried to follow the instructions for making pancakes - those that are on the box- and well, it did not turn out well. Pancakes are a feel and a look kind of thing so just feel it!

Cinnamon Pancakes:
Add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and 2 packets of equal to the batter. If you'd like more cinnamon, add more!

I sprinkle a bit more cinnamon after pouring the pancakes.

You can make cinnamon butter to go with this if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment