Sunday, May 22, 2011

Summer Sweet Cocktail

It's no secret, I loves me some sweet wine! Now, don't get me wrong, I have yet to turn my nose up at any sip/taste of vino- my husband will attest that I downed all samples at a horrid little winery in eastern Pennsylvania called 'dupken schollesena" something-- but I do prefer the sweeter wines. I had never been wine tasting before the summer of 2007 and my first trip to Lake Erie with the Dave. We enjoyed the wine tasting so much more than we thought we would. So I recommend the Chautauqua County Wine Trail if you are ever in Western New York and the fine wineries in the Northeast PA area too-- great wines from Niagara to Delawares. Someday I will blog about the little ole man in his bathrobe!

But down here in the Carolinas, most of of our wineries feature the local muscadine and scuppernog grapes- and truth be told, it's a healthier grape and makes for some mighty fine wine! And it'squite sweet naturally without a lot of added sugars. However, I have found that drinking an entire glass of this sweet wine is not always the best thing to do on a hot day. I decided to 'lighten' it up and make my own wine cooler.

Muscadine Vino Cooler

1 cup of semi sweet muscadine wine
2 cups of any diet lemon lime soda
1 twist of lime


The best part? You can drink more without getting sloshed! :)
Which is exactly what I shall do on this beautiful day in the Carolinas on my Veranda!

No comments:

Post a Comment