Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Different Twist on Mexican!

 Dinners can be rather boring, can't they?  I think as women we all fall into a habit of doing the same ole thing.  So they other day, I knew I had chicken in the freezer, but did'nt want to just do the same old thing.  I had seen something similar on Pinterest, but took my own way on this one.  I created a Chicken Mexican Lasagna- and it turned out REALLY really good. 


 Mexican Lasagna

2-3 medium boneless chicken breasts,
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can Rotel
1/2 cup peppers
1/2 cup onion
1 package taco seasoning- reserve 1 tbsp
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can kidney beans
1 package of large flour tortillas (I use six)
2 cups Mexican mix cheese


1.  Cook chicken and chop into bite size pieces.
2.  Saute peppers and onions until tender in skillet. 
3.  Add soup, chicken, rotel, corn, beans, and taco seasoning to the onions and peppers.  Heat through.
4.  Spray glass casserole dish with cooking spray. then layer tortillas, chicken mixture, and cheese for two layers. finish with tortilla layer. 
5.  Cover with foil and bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
6.  Take off the foil and put another layer of cheese on top, sprinkle with tbsp of taco seasoning.  Return to oven to melt- approximately 5 minutes.

Let stand 10 minutes before serving- I served it with FF sour cream and my homemade salsa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment