Sunday, September 2, 2012

Is it too early to plan Thanksgiving dinner?

Hello, my name is Belinda and I am a holiday decoration hoarder. 

I am not quite sure IF Dave truly knew what he was getting into when he met me and first walked into my 'decorated for Christmas' house- I have a sneaking suspicison, he might just thought it was a Christmas thing.  Little did he know, it's all holidays, all the time.  Basically Summertime is the least holiday themed my home will ever be- although I am now trending summer to an Americana theme from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

So on this Labor Day Eve, I am beginning to map out my strategy for pulling out the boxes and getting out all things fall.  However, I am putting myself on a strict 'no buying' policy-- after buying the adorable "Gobble til you Wobble' turkey yesterday.... and the white/eggplant pumpkin in July. 

But when my house starts to look like fall (and yes, I know it's hotter than heck out there still- love the South!), I start to want to bake.  And here is my first fall bake of the year and what an easy slice of heaven this is.... PUMPKIN MUFFINS!  Just three ingredients- cake mix, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice- I mean HOW easy could this be? 

Pumpkin Muffins

1 box spice cake mix
1 can pumpkin
2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoons Slenda for baking or Stevia (I use Wal Mart brand)

1.  Mix the cake and pumpkin together.  You will have to mix this by hand and slow- it will come together and form a somewhat sticky batter.
2.  Fill muffin tins with batter.
3.  Mix pumpkin pie spice and Splenda.   I sprinkle a little of this mixture on top of each  muffin.  Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes.

These muffins are soooo moist- you will fall in love with this fall treat.  Dave does not care much for pumpkin, but enjoyed these muffins- and they are healthier for you because there are no eggs, oil, etc..... just healthy pumpkin.

AH, what a lovely start to fall....

No comments:

Post a Comment