Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Well, it's good ... for not being pork.

Dave goes on a golf trip each year to Myrtle Beach over MLK weekend. He looks forward to this trip and has a great time each year.  I admit, I get a bit lonesome for him after one day so I eagerly awaited his arrival all day today.  He tends to get lonesome for my cooking after eating out for five days!

I had promised him home cooking when he got home so I went to Pinterest for inspiration... and I found a chicken dish that I hoped would satisfy the Dave- And one that would actually make him forget that the meal was chicken and not pork.  As you now, he is NOT a fan of chicken! 

Baked Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic minced
4 tablespoons brown sugar
3 teaspoons olive oil

1.  Preheat oven to 500°F and lightly grease a casserole dish.
2.  In small  pan, sauté garlic with the oil until tender.
     Remove from heat and stir in 3 tablespoons of  brown sugar.
3.  Place chicken breasts in a prepared baking dish and cover with the garlic and brown sugar mixture.
4.  Add salt and pepper to taste.
5.  Bake covered (with foil) for 15 minutes then remove foil, and cook an extra 10-15 minutes.  Check internal temperature and if ok, sprinkle the reserved brown sugar on top and broil for 2-3 minutes to add great color to the top of the chicken.




This was a wonderful surprise meal... I was very happy with how it turned out!  Dave was too...even if it wasn't pork.  I, however, got bonus points for  mac and cheese on the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment