Monday, January 14, 2013

A Drunken Porkfest.....

So as mentioned before, the Dave is a fan of the PORK (he married me after all, right?)... therefore, I am constantly trying to create new ways to fix up a chop.  I rarely fry them because I love them grilled.  I didn't just want to do that same ole thing so I began opening the cabinet doors at random, hoping for inspiration....

I opened the middle cabinet and what did I spy?  A lovely bottle of Crown Royal Reserve.... and my mind went "oh my" !!  And this is what I came up with....


Brown Crown Chops


2 Center cut bone in pork chops
3 tablespoons Crown Royal
4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic minced or pressed

1.  Combine the Crown, brown sugar, oil, garlic and pepper in a plastic bag.  Add chops and marinade for at least an hour. I went a good four hours.
2.  Grill chops - 5-7 minutes on each side- basting chops with reserved marinade. 
3.  Serve with drunken onions on top- no sauce required!

The brown sugar carmalizes and creates a very unique crust that made my mouth explode with flavor. Dave did not even smother these in BBQ sauce!   Needless to say we were very pleased with these chops.  Definitely Dave tested and approved.

Drunken onions for a later day....

No comments:

Post a Comment