Thursday, February 13, 2014

More of the devil ....

OK, it’s a snow day so you know what that means- yep, baking and eating!  Now, I could be healthy and be ‘good’, but come one, what’s the fun in that?  We so rarely have a snow day down South, why not enjoy it a bit? Besides I have to do something while Dave is engrossed in episodes of 'The Walking Dead'

First up today was biscuits and gravy for breakfast.  And might I say, it was fantastic and very satisfying- to the point I knew I would be good the rest of the day- well, until supper of course.  However, I knew yesterday that I wanted the ultimate snow day treat- cookies.  I decided to head to Pinterest and see what I could find on my “Me Want Cookies” board.  I found a recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies using Bisquick.  Yes, I know Peanut Butter is the devil... I give it credit for much of my fat cells. However, you have to admit, there is something quite comforting about the smell and taste- I feel sorry for those who are allergic to it. 

Bisquick is a Kinder family staple.  I always have it in the pantry so I figured, why not try it out? However, I did change the recipe up a bit. I used brown sugar blend Splenda instead of the white sugar the recipe called for- seriously?  I know it needs the brown sugar! I also increased the amount of Bisquick because it was more like creamy peanut butter instead of a cookie dough. 

Peanut Butter Cookies




Peanut Butter is the Devil

1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/8 cup butter or shortening
1/2 cup brown sugar blend Splenda
1/4 cup boiling water
2 cups Bisquick

Preheat oven to 375*

 Mix peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and water until the mixture is smooth.
Add Bisquick and combine.
Roll into balls and flatten with fork dipped in flour/Bisquick/ sugar in the classic crisscross!
Bake for 9 minutes- remove and allow to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet.

These were good… so good I don’t miss the chocolate chips I intended to put in the dough.  Dave tested and Dave approved

No comments:

Post a Comment