Saturday, January 23, 2010

Taco Soup

I am sure there is a recipe or two out there for Taco Soup.... although I 'invented' my version one night. Dave loves tomato soup so one night, I added some extras to our soup and sandwich night. What came out of it is my taco soup...

Taco Soup

2 cans tomato soup, plus one can of water
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup green pepper
1 tbsp. chopped jalepeno
1 cup thick and chunky salsa
4 oz LEAN ground beef
3 tbsp. taco seasoning

1. Brown meat along with onions and peppers. Add 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning.
2. Add soups and water; add salsa and jalepenos and rest of taco seasoning.
3. Bring to boil and then allow to simmer 15 minutes, stirring at times.
4. Serve with crackers or fritos! OR NOT!!


I think tomato soup might be the versatile item in your pantry! It's great at it is, but adding some "ooomph" to it makes it even more awesome!!

1 comment:

  1. The taco soup and the mexican cornbread sound really good together!!!

    ReplyDelete